This is YOUR page!!!
Your contributions count!!
This page is a forum for our
members to submit reviews on a favorite book , that
great movie , or announcements of pages and links you wish to share. A tribute
to a friend in any capacity or just a place to brag about our little 'Darlins'.
Some of our sisters share their talents by making graphics or writing. Those
submissions are what we want!! We feel that these little "Southern Bits" will enhance
your membership in the Southern Women Webring and perhaps draw us all closer to one another! All contributions are welcome and we will try our best to include your
"Southern Bit" in the next Southern Women Newsletter.
Now on with this month's Southern Bits!!
We at Southern Women Management wanted to
introduce our newest
little 'extra something' for our members. Each time your page is featured in anyway
in our newsletter we would love for you to grab this little 'thank you' .
You are welcome to display this on your page
proudly. We have really enjoyed
looking over our member's pages this month and we hope to always bring
you the best that Southern Women has to offer!!!
Simply 'right click' on your mouse and
save to your hard drive.
My name is Sweetmamamapam/aka Pam.
I got my name because my Son in Law decided
that that is what he would call me. He dubbed me Mamapam and then decided when I
began to be online he suggested Sweetmamapam...the name stuck and here I am. I would
love to hear YOUR story!! Send them in to us here at the newsletter and we will add
them to the next issue of Southern Women Newsletter!!! Mail all submissions to:
My Computer Handle
Remember...these will be published.
Include your Homepage
link and we will publish that also!!!
Special tribute to Mom
|"My mom was the special lady in my life. She worked in the field, Made syrup , had seven kids, "raised" six of them and always had a sweet smile for all of us. Her name was Susie. At the nursing home where she lived to be 100 yrs old they called her "Susie Q". She was loved by all. It was a blessing to me to be able to be with her the twelve yrs she was in the nursing home. Thanks for the chance to share her "|
M Jones...thanks for sharing your Mother with us.
Movie reviews by our members
By: Jean ~ Aquarius
|This movie stars Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant, who is fast becoming one of my favorite movie actors. Julia plays an actress at work in London, Hugh runs a bookstore but only sells "travel" books. The whole story is a comedy of sorts and a love story as well. Julia's character comes into the bookstore, he recognizes who she is, but always tries to not to act starstruck. *S* They meet off and on and part and there is an obvious attraction. It is a very cute movie with a good ending which is rare these days. I highly recommend it to fans of romance or comedy for it is a combination of both. It was good enough it was purchased to go in our movie collection.|
By Lady Stang (aka Ain't Bee)
Libby Parsons (Ashley Judd) awakes to the ultimate horror; blood all
over her body, a knife on the deck of the boat and her husband is missing.
It looks like he went overboard bleeding. The coast guard pulls along side
her vessel and tells her to drop the knife. Did Libby kill Nick??
Well, someone thinks so because she is tried for murder and convicted.
After 6 years in prison she has but one burning desire, to find her
Betty's 3Bs: Border, Buttons & Bars
Ain't Bee's Whimsy Holidays
Hints for Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets.....they do more
than soften the clothes !
2. Eliminates static electricity
from your TV screen.
3. Dissolves soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a used sheet of Bounce.
4. Freshens the air in your home. Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang one in the closet.
5. Prevents thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce to eliminate the static cling on the thread before sewing.
6. Eliminates static cling from pantyhose. Rub a damp, used sheet of Bounce over the hose.
7. Prevents musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
8. Freshens the air in your car. Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
9. Cleans baked-on food from a cooking
pan. Put a sheet in the pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge
clean. The anti-static agents apparently weaken the bond between the food
and the pan
11. Collects cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
12. Eliminates static electricity from venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
13. Wipes up sawdust from drilling or sandpapering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
14. Eliminates odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
15. Deodorizes shoes or sneakers.
Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight so they'll
smell great in the morning.
[Members Page][Recipe Page][Southern Writers]
Southern Women Webring News
All Rights Reserved
Please do not use the writer's submissions without express
written permission of the author.